PLUS Communications is a full-service communications firm based in Arlington, Virginia. PLUS Communications leads award-winning campaigns integrating public affairs, corporate communications, digital, advertising and media buying. PLUS means more!
Our office environment offers:
- Fast-paced work environment
- Access to senior leadership, open door policy
- Chance to work side by side with some of the country’s top political and public affairs operatives
- Drinks and snacks
- End of month all staff lunches
- Collaborative workspaces including an outdoor terrace and access to the building complex’s rooftop space with awesome views
- Quarterly all-staff activities
- Employee engagement and ‘Friday Fun Days’!
We offer competitive compensation with opportunity for a year-end bonus, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. We also offer a paid maternity leave program and paid vacation and sick leave. In addition, we have a generous flex time schedule around holidays that allows work from home opportunities.
Senior Associate, Public Affairs
Your day in this position may include:
- Drafting key messaging, press releases, toolkits, talking points and other media materials for key client accounts.
- Proactively identifying storylines, developing press lists, drafting pitches and fostering relationships with key reporters.
- Conducting research and synthesizing findings in a compelling analysis.
- Serving as a project manager for key client accounts to oversee vendors / field teams, tracking and maintaining deadlines and key deliverables.
- Supporting event coordination and logistics for media events and briefings.
- Supporting the development of communications plans.
- Developing PowerPoint presentations for new business opportunities and current clients.
- Assisting in account operational activities such as preparing regular reports / trackers.
This job may be for you, if you:
- Have previous experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Have strong organizational skills and ability to manage several projects simultaneously working across a variety of issues.
- Are able to work under pressure to manage tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Are a team player with a can-do attitude and a willingness to work in the trenches.
What we require:
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in communications in a PR agency.
- Understanding of the communications landscape and how various communications channels work (i.e. digital, print, social, broadcast).
- Proven relationships with the media and familiarity with the newest media outlets; experience pitching press across a variety of issues.
- Interest in public affairs and policy issues; ability to synthesize technical content.
- Proven strong experience in writing and editing materials for multiple voices – including elected officials, CEOs, and other C-Suite executives.
- Strong understanding of AP Style.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
PLUS Communications is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.